Stash Blaster™ Birch & Alpaca Weaving Kit
These Stash Blaster™ birch mini weaving loom kits have all the supplies and tools needed and serve as a great introduction to weaving. The project is small and takes just a few hours to complete. The result is a beautiful coaster or "mug rug" and hopefully a small passion for weaving. Finished coaster measures approximately 4 1/2 x 5".
This kit is super special because the alpaca yarn was custom produced for Purl & Loop by Windmill Crest Farms here in Texas. The white fiber comes from Shasta and the black from Phantom. These alpacas were sheared in April and their fiber was sent to Utah for cleaning and spinning. We feel so lucky to have this beautiful fiber from these alpacas. The materials for the Stash Blaster™ mini loom are sourced in Houston, TX and the looms are assembled, sanded, and varnished with a water based protective coating in our Houston studio.
Not sure which Purl & Loop loom is right for you? Click here to download our Loom Guide.
The kit includes:
- approximately 7 x 5 1/2" birch loom (made in Houston, Texas)
- wood tapestry needle
- photo instructions
- micro snips for removing the coaster from the loom
- tapestry needle for weaving in the yarn tails plus
- mini cotton bag for holding micro snips and tapestry needle
- yarn for one coaster/mug rug from Alpacas Phantom and Shasta at Windmill Crest Farms
- reusable cotton Purl & Loop project bag